Friday, September 20, 2013

The Beginning

Hello Blogging World,

My name is McKenzie Hoopes and I'm very new to this blogging thing! Im currently eighteen years old and am preparing to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I don't know where I am assigned to labor yet, but good things come to those who wait! I wanted to start this blog because even though I still have a lot to learn from life, I feel like my experiences might be able to help somebody out there! The reason I want to serve a mission is because I have been blessed with so much in my life, and the biggest blessing is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Gordon B. Hinkley, the late prophet of the church said the following, "You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment you will ever make." What greater of an investment could you make than serving another person, changing their life, and helping them to find the peace and happiness that can only come from Jesus Christ's gospel. Being a missionary is more than teaching the gospel, its harvesting souls, and changing hearts. Its about watching someone come into a state of new understanding, realizing they have a Father in Heaven who loves them and wants them to live with Him again. Heavenly Father wants ALL of His children to have the opportunity to hear this message, missionary work is HIS work! So as I go on this journey, possibly the greatest one I will have, I hope whoever reads along will be able to gain a little something from the experiences as well.

-Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment