Thursday, September 26, 2013

Called to Serve

On Monday, September 23rd, I didn't know how much my life would change! I was anticipating my mission call to come in the mail for two weeks and for 14 days of being disappointed every time I'd open the mail box I didn't figure that day would be any different. I was upstairs in my room when I saw the mail lady pull up to the box, so I came down the stairs, grabbed the mail key, and pulled out my longboard to start going down the driveway. When I got to the mail box I opened it and found the ultimate jackpot! There was a ton of mail and one very big white envelope! My heart was RACING! I tried to pull it out and it was stuck...Oh no.eventually I got it out without damaging the package. I didn't even know how to react I was so excited. I hopped on my board and almost biffed three times before riding into the grass and running into the house. My mom was screaming before I even got inside, I guess the way I was barreling towards the house gave it away. I made it inside and just started crying and laughing at the same time! It took me about 20 minutes to settle myself. The worst part was waiting for another 4 hours to open it. I sat through what seemed like a six quarter football game that my brother was playing in, then finally made it home to open my call. With friends and family gathered around, and with others on phones, I opened the envelope. I felt anxious but also calm with wherever I was called to go. I started reading the letter, tears started streaming by the time I got to the line "called to serve as a missionary...". I have been called to serve in the Colorado Denver North Mission. I will report to the MTC on January 22nd, 2014 and I couldn't be more excited! Even just after I had initially read the call I knew that was where the Lord wanted me to be for the next 18 months. I know that the Lord knows what's best for His children and wants us all to be happy. I know that if we have faith in Him and strive to do His will He will guide our feet in the direction we should go. Sometimes you have to walk in the darkness in order to be able to see the light but I know it's worth it every step of the way! I love the Lord with everything I have and can't wait to serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment