Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Missionary work is the BOMB.COM!

(I love Sis. G's straw placement)

A nice day of bike riding :)
















DADDY-OOOOOOOOO-

Just wanted to tell you that you're the best dad.... ever! WOW! Dad, your encouragement means so much to me! I feel like Sister Grenfell and I have been working harder than ever before especially because President Toombs pretty much promised we will get split... SO SAD! However, a lot can happen in between now and transfers in two weeks... hahaha I HOPE AT LEAST. So this week was SUPER awesome! On Wednesday we got to go to the temple! I have been focused on what filling the measure of my creation means at this point in my life. I am starting to understand more and more every day that filling the measure of what I am right now is to bring others unto Christ, when I am doing that, I am fulfilling my purpose. That same night we taught the Haney's! We picked up Shon, their 12 year old brother, as a new investigator and set all 5 of them on date for baptism! June 28th is their date. Then all four of the girls came to mutual with us in the same night! CRAZY RIGHT! IT WAS SO AWESOME! Within the East Lake ward right now, between both us and the elders we have 10 people with baptismal dates. We got to teach the law of chastity to a less active lady who has been struggling to live it. It was an incredible lesson! We helped her realize that the law of chastity is really a law of love. It helps us to develop healthy and meaningful relationships with those we love. It allows us to see others as what they are, children of god! It was a wonderful lesson. On Thursday we got to be in Sister Ose's home while it was being dedicated by Elder Bushman. It was the first time he had ever dedicated a home or seen a home dedicated. The spirit was so strong and it reminded me of the same feelings I had when you would dedicated our homes. On Saturday we biked! IT WAS SO FUN! I will attach pictures! We got to have a lesson with the Martin family! We had it outside in hammocks... it was awesome. We were able to teach them about who our Heavenly Father is, who our Savior Jesus Christ is and about why families are so important. It's interesting to teach those principles to people who haven't ever heard them. It makes you really grateful that you know you have a father in heaven who watches over you. Then they all agreed to come to church! Sunday morning came and their whole family came! It was a wonderful Sunday! The chapel was so full that we almost had to open it up into the gym! I love Sunday's! Anyways, I hope you know I love you so much! I am thankful for your prayers, for your happy emails, and that you are so diligent about emailing! It means so much to me! I have some good pictures attached this week! One is of Sister Grenfell and I after service, we got big gulps... I did it Daddy-Style and got a double big gulp! It was so wonderful! Then one of us biking. Another of us at the Lloyd's house for dinner, they showed us their tree house! :) I also got my scriptures engraved this week! Holllllllla!!!! :) LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment